Friday, May 07, 2010

Barber 2.75


This past month of rehearsals has been a very special experience for me, and I am really looking forward to seeing what happens tonight at our opening performance. I have a feeling it is going to be a giddy, fun, and exciting evening.

I've been trying to figure out how to use my camera in low light - and not with much success yet. This crazy picture is the best that I could do while we were rehearsing in the theater. I know it looks like someone is singing an aria about seeing dead people, but it's actually Jenny singing "Una voce poco fa", if you can believe it. We've all got to start somewhere, right?


Hopefully, tonight's performance won't feel that blurry. I hope instead that we have sharp focus and bubbly energy, so that we can savor every moment we are on stage and show the people who come tonight a really fun time.

A huge toi, toi, toi to all of my amazing colleagues here in Portland. Thanks for the endless laughs, the great working atmosphere, and for helping finally figure out how to really enjoy singing Rossini.

No comments: