Again, time seems like it is flying – it is the eve of 2008 – yet another event of the holiday season that has apparently come flying out of nowhere.
The turn of the year seems like it would be a natural time to take a moment to take stock and recap the events of the last twelve months, but with the pace that life has taken lately, it seems that I will have to press the pause button on life for the moment in order to review – something which I would like to do.
My highlights of 2007 were:
- The feeling of homecoming after moving (back) to New York and falling in love with our new place
- The satisfaction and pride of meeting the challenge that Lindoro posed and learning a great deal from him
- The sense of feeling changed after my three-month sojourn in France
- The excitement of seeing two of my best friends enter the world of parenthood and welcoming their beautiful daughter into the world
- The fun and sense of teamwork while working with the group in Chicago on Il ritorno d’Ulisse
- The joy and inspiration of my first summer at the Marlboro Music Festival
- The relief and excitement of buying my new Sony Vaio laptop
- The thrill of sinking my teeth into Jonathan in Saul for the first time
- The love and emotional warmth of getting to spend a wonderful (albeit too short) Christmas with my family and loved ones in Ann Arbor
Overall, it feels like it was a year of quiet growth and transition. The process of deciding to move to New York took up much of it along with a steady stream of interesting work and some intense challenges at the end. There was so much to be grateful for, and in 2008 there is so much to look forward to.
All the best to everyone for much happiness, health and fulfillment in 2008!