Monday, July 30, 2007

The beginning of the end

Today marks the beginning of my last week here in Marlboro, and I find that I am sad to see the end of my time here approach. I have three concerts this weekend, in which I will perform one Stravinsky piece and two Schumann pieces. The week promises to be intense and will probably fly by at lightning speed.

I am struck by how much it seems that I was meant to be here this summer. The opportunity to be here sort of fell into my lap – in many ways, the choice made itself apparent. Of course I could easily have said no when the opportunity was offered, but that small, insistent voice inside me was telling me to accept. I am so glad that I did. I really had no idea what to expect from my summer here, but I have had nothing short of a mind-blowing experience. I have learned so much here and been recharged in so many ways on top of making some wonderful new friends. It’s been a real lesson in the value of taking a leap of faith – great things are meant to happen to us, and so much is to be reaped if one is open to it.

Maybe now I’ll stop worrying quite so much about the future…

No comments: