Thursday, March 27, 2008

Indian Winter?

A lovely spring day in Chicago…so much for the nice, warmer weather holding out.

The dreary "wintry mix", as the weather channel refers to it, doesn’t lessen my love for this city by any means, though. As I walked down Michigan Avenue last night, searching for some dinner, a sense of homecoming settled in. While I have never lived in this city, I have spent a decent amount of time here over the years, and something about it’s combination of Midwestern-ness and big city scale strike the right chord in my heart. It has the right mix of sophistication and simplicity.

Off to see how it feels to sing after a couple of days of battling the flow of my runny nose (which has seemingly stopped today).

3 comments:

Erin said...

As a Chicagoan, I must apologize for the craptastic weather. I said prayers of thanks as I flew out of there on Tuesday into the southwestern sun. Winter has just been endless this year. Hope it gets warmer, SOON!

nick said...

No apologies necessary! Being from Michigan, Chicago's grey neighbor, I should have known what I was in for!

Lou said...

awesome picture.