Saturday, May 03, 2008

Meme and Shameless Self-Promotion


Tag, I'm it. Thanks, ACB.

The rules of this game of tag:


1. Pick up the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

The Life of Rome's First Emperor Augustus

"Like other fashionable people of the time, Livia owned little slave boys called
deliciae, or darlings (often Syrians or Africans), who ran around naked and amused people with their chatter. Like court jesters, they had license to say the unsayable. On occasion, one of these boys saw Livia and Octavian sharing a dining couch and Tiberius lying on another alongside a male guest. He went up to Livia and said: 'What are you doing here, mistress? For your husband [pointing to Tiberius] is over there.' "

Ancient Rome sounds like it was a fun place.


I tag
Joyce, Kim, James Roe, Hobo Camp, and my brother.

On a completely unrelated and shameless note - I do hope that all you New York readers can make it to the Marilyn Horne Foundation recital that Jeremy and I will be performing tomorrow at 3:00 PM at Christ and St. Stephen's Church at 69th and Broadway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm furtively skipping out of a rehearsal to hear you guys, and I'm greatly looking forward to it. (And then I'm going right on to hear the Quartet for the End of Time. From the sublime to the, well, very otherly sublime. I expect this afternoon to do very strange things to my sense of reality.)

In bocca al lupo!

James Roe said...

Nick:

I was so sorry to miss your two recent local performances . . . It's good and bad to be busy. I hope you enjoyed your Tannery experience!

I was glad, however, to be tagged and have posted accordingly:

http://urbanmodern.blogspot.com/2008/05/youre-it-nicholas-phan-tagged-me-in.html

We need to talk about Ives and plane rides.

More soon,

Jim

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your fantastic posting


Bathmate