Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bittersweet

My kitchen has become a disaster zone. It is the location where, earlier in the week, I burnt my arm on the iron in the midst of my cleaning frenzy. It is also where I cut two of my fingers when my knife slipped while chopping an onion for a dinner we hosted last night. Mildly annoying at most, but my left arm is now covered in Neosporin and Band-Aids.

A bittersweet day today, as I put my aunt in a taxi to the airport after an incredible visit and then said goodbye yet again to Jeremy and headed to Penn Station to journey to our nation’s capitol, my first stop this week. It is bitter to say goodbye, but sweet to think onwards to visiting with a close, childhood friend who is like a sister I never had in Washington, D.C., singing at the Kennedy Center and then the excitement and adventure of unveiling a world premiere in San Diego.

No comments: