Thursday, June 07, 2007

Flight

Tonight's Ariodante was an incredible send-off. Everyone was in good voice and really on point tonight, and the audience was the biggest and most responsive we have had yet. It was immense fun!

Of course this means that my experiment of "daily" posts (I was almost successful!) has come to an end. The thing that I've learned is that I really enjoy forcing myself to write, even when I don't want to. In the end, I always feel like it's a rewarding endeavor. So, I will try to keep my posts more frequent from now on...I'm sure I'll lapse at some points as this adventure continues, but everything goes through it's ups and downs. Either way, I am going to make more of an effort to stay regular, so to speak.

In the meantime, if you are interested in reading more about other singer's adventures in Europe, check out my friend Ryan's blog, OperaDaddy. He is posting daily right now as he represents the US at the Cardiff Singer of the World competition these next couple weeks. It's a really exciting experience (I got to represent the States back in 2003), and his insights into it all are quite fun to read.

Off to bed now and then to the states tomorrow...

No comments: