Thursday, May 31, 2007

More Relevance and Family

I ran across these two quotes in the margins of Julia Cameron’s latest book while on the train back from Paris yesterday. They make me think back to my musings on relevance a while back.

“It is art that makes life, makes interest, makes importance…And I know of no substitute whatever for the force and beauty of its process.”
– Henry James

“The thing about performance, even if it’s only an illusion, is that it is a celebration of the fact that we do contain within ourselves infinite possibilities.”
– Daniel Day-Lewis

Other than that, I spent most of today with my mother here in Frankfurt before she leaves for Greece tonight. My dad already took off for the states this morning. Now I am off to Heidelberg to see my friend who lives there perform Dover Beach. My days are filling up as my time here draws to a close and I try to pack everything in. I know I have a whole week left here, but time always seems to fold in on itself as my sojourn here begins to draw to a close.

No comments: