Friday, January 22, 2010

Penultimate

A short post today...

Our 4th performance of L'Italiana in Algieri was tonight, and it was perhaps our best yet. Everyone is completely back to health, and we were all relaxed. Perhaps it is because my final Lindoro is approaching rather quickly, but I felt quite calm tonight as I began the first aria - something I have never previously experienced performing that piece. I felt a focus and energy that was exciting, and it opened up some new possibilities. It was the most fun I've ever had singing it, to be honest, and I find that I am really looking forward to having another crack at it again on Sunday.

That paired with an unexpected, yet brief visit with a colleague I hadn't seen in almost ten years who came to see the show made it a really lovely evening.

Time is flying by. I can't believe I have only 2 days left until home!

No comments: